2008. május 31.
It is based on installing a 32bit version Firefox.
Follow the instructions on the page :-)
Follow this guide to enable universe and multiverse repositories.
You can download Xournal with synaptic package manage. After installing it will be in the programs / tools menu.
(Note that I'm using hungarian ubuntu, so I'm just trying to translate the menu names :-))
To make the eraser tip to work go to the Options menu, and activate the "Eraser tip" option.
To make the pen button work as a highlighter go to the Options menu and choose highlighter in Button2 Mapping submenu.
You have to download these packages through Synaptic Package Manager before doing anything:
Compilation and Installation
Download the Xournal distribution tar.gz file, and unpack it. (it will be a folder)
Go to the folder in the Terminal and type:
sudo ./install-binary(and upgrade GTK+ and the other libraries if needed).
sudo make install
sudo make desktop-install
Configure error message:
If autogen.sh generates the error message configure: error: Library requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.4.0 libgnomecanvas-2.0 >= 2.4.0 libgnomeprintui-2.2 >= 2.0.0) not met even though you have sufficiently recent versions of these libraries on your system, then you need to install some missing development packages.
I didn't install Wacom-Kernel-Source, because it gave me some errors like kernel versions don't match.
So the first problems:
- pen button to right button - solved
- advanced input setting in gimp: can't modify the settings for the pen. -solved
- how to rotate the display - solved
- which program to use to note - solved
- can't install flash plugin under firefox - solved
- how to transfer files with bluetooth from my Nokia phone like in the Windows nokia software -solved
- problems with sounds (adjusting buttons, mic-in, headphone, NO SOUND!) -solved
- how to connect to another computer (using windows) -solved
1. Format your pendrive
2. Use SYSLINUX 3.63 to make pendrive bootable:
go to the syslinux folder in command line, and type:
syslinux.exe -s -a -m k:
where k: is the drive letter of YOUR pendrive.
Copying the installation files
1. Copy all the files (including hidden files!) from ubuntu install CD to pendrive.
2. Rename the isolinux directory to syslinux and rename the file isolinux.cfg inside this directory to syslinux.cfg .
Boot from pendrive
1. Adjust your BIOS settings to boot from pendrive.
1. Click install in the live-cd. Follow the instructions.
The tablet didn't work at all.
Trying to make my tablet alive, I decided, to install an earlier version.
So second time, I installed Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn.
The tablet works fine, but I've got some other problems, which I will try to solve.