Therefor I installed windows 95. And After Dark 4.0.
But still have a bunch of problems:
- File sharing:
VB shared folders don't work, so I created an iso image on ubuntu and read it through the virtual drive in win95.
- there's no sound, but I need it.
Here's how to get the sounds work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIfmB18ey4o
- colorspace is 16 color, and I need 256.
By changing the Display Driver to standard Super VGA, I achieved 800x600 resolution, but no change in colorspace.
Here's how to fix this: https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=9918
- Download and install SciTech Display Doctor
- On the main menu you see "disabled" to a couple of things, go to SciTech driver and enable it. Restart. Voila.
- Okay, so, now some After Dark screensaver freeze the system.... :-(
Well, now the whole program is down :-(
Win95 is missing these files at every startup:
I couldn't get the IMA floppy images to work, and simply writing the extension to .img only caused VB to show it in the list, but not to open.