2018. január 18.

New laptop: Dell Latitude 5480

Finally I am replacing the HP-Compaq TC-4400 (named Alice) I've been using since May 2008. Yes, for almost 10 years now. That is the notebook I started this blog for, so it's the end of an era for me.

I had to make plenty of compromises when choosing the replacement, but hey, it's new, it's fast, it's strong, it's even lighter a bit, and has better screen resolution. On the downside, it's bigger, it is not a tablet pc, and the keyboard is not exactly to my liking. Lucky me, the keys can be remapped.

The blog will be continued under the name Alice@Ubuntu even though I'll stop using the machine that gave the blog it's name. The content slowly shifted from machine specific configuration to more general topics throughout the years anyway.

Nincsenek megjegyzések: